The Shiny, New Tablet

As I indicated I would a few days ago, we did buy a new tablet. The new tablet is basically better than the old tablet in every way and also cost us slightly less.

It was $70 (plus tax, plus some $3 recycling fee) and the previous one was $80 (plus taxes and whatever). I think it is about the same size. It is faster, has more storage and lets each of us have our own space, so we don't have to get email notifications from everyone else all the time.

It also charges faster and is just fantastic. I have been saying ridiculous things five year olds say, like "I love this tablet so much, I think I shall marry it." My youngest son keeps quoting something my mother likes to say: "These are the good old days."

My understanding is that the old tablet was an Android OS 5.1 and this is a 6.0. We love it to pieces.

We are considering getting a second tablet like this rather than trying to get a laptop. Money is still real tight for us basically all the time and this is a lot more affordable than the cheapest laptop we can find.