Dark, Loose Clothing

Fall weather is hitting and I recently had an experience that reminded me strongly of the importance of loose clothing. I happened to end up wearing a sleeveless top plus a short-sleeved T-shirt and I was having trouble staying warm.

I experienced this before on the street when I ended up overly snug leggings. Tight clothing cuts off your circulation and you freeze.

Dark clothing hides dirt better and helps hide the lack of bra/panties. So it helps me pass for middle class by looking more like I am dressed "appropriately" instead of dressed like poor white trash, which is more the reality.

I also generally favor things like sweat pants and t-shirts in terms of the material. They are a little stretchy, a little on the knit side, but they don't catch on every single thing the way some knits would. I typically do not wear things like jeans.

My clothes needs to be fairly sturdy and outdoorsy, while fitting in when I am at the library or the Taco Bell or a grocery store. I don't want to look too woodsy, but the reality is that I hike to a patch of wilderness every single evening to camp. So, my clothes needs to work practically for that situation.

T-shirts and sweats and similar hit the sweet spot of working well for both blending in while in the city or the suburbs, yet not tripping me up when I am out in the wilderness.

Clothing that is slightly loose keeps me cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Tight clothes is a problem no matter the weather.