A Higher Amp Plug for Faster Charging

I bought a new tablet recently. I spent a little more money than I have been spending on tablets. It has a better battery and other features than what I have had recently. But it was charging so slow that we were unable to get it to full charge at the library.

My son did a little research and found that amperage is the critical detail for charging faster. He spent $5 (plus tax) on a higher amp plug from Walmart. We did not replace the cord. We only replaced the plug part. We upgraded from an 0.5 amp plug to 2.1 amp plug.

It now charges wicked fast.

Since electricity is a limited, precious commodity on the street, I thought I would post this info here.

In terms of connectors, my current cheap smartphone has the same kind of plug as this Android tablet. We discovered this accidently when my son mixed up the cords and plugged the tablet in with the cell phone plug and it worked. So, if you have a USB plug for a tablet or phone and it is charging slow, you may be able to upgrade the amperage inexpensively and make it vastly easier to get your device fully charged when you do have access to electricity.