Haircuts

So far, I only know of two cheap options and one possible freebie, though the possible freebie is women only:
  • Neil Good Day Center: This is not a formal part of the services offered there. Instead, there is an informal arrangement. Sometimes, there happens to be a homeless guy who does cheap haircuts there for "a small donation". I have gotten hair cuts from a couple of different people for just a few dollars.
  • Associated Barber College: 1333 5th Ave. I haven't been here but was told it is cheaper than a regular barber. I have asked around and walked over there. They are open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. I think haircuts are $4 and getting your beard trimmed or shaved off is $6.
  • Rachel's Women's Center: Haircuts are once a month and are free. Stylists come in and volunteer their time. Find out what day of the month, show up early and get your name in the basket. Like many things at Rachel's, it is determined by lottery. My understanding is that it is always on a weekend, though I don't recall if it is Saturday or Sunday.