Neil Good Day Center

The Neil Good Day Center is an excellent resource. I was immediately interviewed and given an ID. They promptly let me get a shower. Before I left, they had let me make a phone call to get a copy of documentation I need and given me dates and times for getting other services. If I get there early enough in the morning, they will give me a ride to the DMV to get a California ID.

You can get a shower, use the center as a mailing address, make important phone calls (related to job hunting and the like, no personal calls), have computer and Internet access for things like job hunting, and get hooked up with other services. You can also get transportation for things like ID and medical appointments. They have embraced a system of casual donations called "drive bys" where people can bring in donations (usually food) at will and pass it out at a table set up for that purpose. You can also get a load of clothes washed. I am very impressed with the center. It offers a lot of the things I need to take care of myself while still homeless and support for trying to get my issues sorted out so I can get off the street eventually. I wish more programs were this well designed and user friendly.

Addendum: Neil Good Day Center Plans To Move

I will try to update the location info in the footer of this post when I have such info.