R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Well, I am pissed off. Some guy just came up to me and my son in the library and asked if we were homeless.

If we were not homeless, it wouldn't be socially acceptable to walk up to us and grill us about where we live and how much income we have and other personal details. I pointed out they were being rude and suggested that if they really wanted to help the homeless, they could start by respecting them as actual human beings.

They argued with me about it, proving what asshats they are.

If you want to help the homeless and you see someone you think is homeless, feel free to give them a flier or money or other assistance. But don't grill them first as a precondition for assisting them. It is shitty behavior.

You would never dare walk up to a stranger of some other socioeconomic status and grill them and then pretend you just wanted to help. So, please, take your head out your ass and stop feeling that is an acceptable way to approach homeless individuals.