Once A Week Meal Sites

I have tried to use the name most people use for each of these events. Please let me know if I need to give more detailed where, when, or what type info. There are more than I have currently listed here. Like the posts on telling time, restrooms, and electricity, I plan to add more info as I am able.
  • The Vegans: Sunday at 1:00pm across the street from Neil Good. The line starts forming around 12:30pm. They also give away things like clothes, bedding, and reading glasses as available. The food is all vegetarian, some hot and some sack lunches. They also give you a bottle of water, one desert item and usually fresh fruit.
  • Chicken Night: Wednesday night. This is at B Street and Union, in other words it is by the jail. Line may begin as early as 5:00pm or closer to 6:00pm. Serving begins at 7:00pm. They give you a bag and you can get a cookie, bottle of water and chips to go with your chicken.
  • Breakfast Burrito: Sunday morning around 8:00am or 8:30am. I have heard about this but not managed to try it. It is on 16th Street in front of "Public Storage", which is across the street from the Humble Heart thrift store.
  • Presbyterian Urban Ministries: Not really a meal but once a week you can get a snack pack, two packages of bread, and sometimes some fresh veggies. Of course, you can also get a cup of coffee and a pastry while you are there. The combination can get you most of the way through one day.
  • First Presbyterian Church: This is at 320 Date St. Sunday at 2:00pm. I have not been but have heard good things.